Tuesday, July 7, 2009

"My Home and Native Land"






Hello to all from the beautiful North! The kids and I have been in Canada for almost a month now and it feels like we just got here. We are having so much fun and the kids keep telling me they never want to go home....DUH! We are officially living in the 'no rule zone' with Nana letting the children run amuck. Life here consists of midnight walks with Mitzi the dog, going on bike rides, late park runs, swimming at the wave pool almost daily (we bought a month long pass) and now we are frequenting many famous 'Calgary Stampede' events like free pancake breakfasts and lunches which are riddled with bounce machines, petting zoos, live bands you name it. I'm sure this sounds like major bragging but most of you know the crazy year I've had and honestly it's like breathing in wicked amounts of sanity being here. It's like neverland (MJ has been on the brain..sorry) I needed it and the kids needed it desperatly. My sister Suzy and her little guy Parker are here for a month...I am telling you does life get any better than this? (Okay, if all my sibling could be here) ALSO... We are LOVING Scotty being here for 10 days. He is loving the 'zero stress nap when you feel like' it mode as well. He took the kids to the zoo yesterday and to a movie tonight. What a guy! He and I are looking forward to going back to the Cardston Temple (the temple we were married in) for the first time since that momentous day in a couple of days...can't wait!

Hope your summer is going great. Let us all renew our spirits in time for crap to hit the fan come first day of school! Why in the tarnation do I still dread that forsaken day? LOVE TO ALL:)




12 comments:

TJ Eich said...

I {HEART} CANADA!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for letting us know you're still alive. Wish we were somewhere else, anywhere a little north of us would be nice. SO HOT HERE!!! Looks like a great time. We miss you. Hurry home.

Anonymous said...

You SO crack me up Jill! Everyone needs sanity, right???

Brea said...

We miss you guys!! So glad that you are lovin' life. Can't wait to hang out when you get back. :)

Sokim said...

I am soo jealous sounds like your having a blast. I need to visit Canada it looks beautiful. My sister just got back from there and she had lots of fun as well. I didn't get to take my annual trip this year to North Carolina so I am wallowing in self pitty!!

Jenny Roberts said...

Jill, I miss you! I am glad you guys are having a good time in Canada. One of these years I think I just may need to tag along with you. :)

taylortots said...

JILLATO~ Can't wait till you get home to hear your sweet voice!!

Ps....We bought the "Little house" so we can come visit every day!! Ha ha

Lots o Love

Dawn

Laura said...

How FUN!! Glad you are home!!

PS do you know what you are having yet?

Kari said...

Sounds like you are living large in Canada!! I've been to the Cardston Temple, too (in case that makes you think I'm cooler than you already do)!! My brother was married there to a fellow Canuck!! Glad to hear you are doing well. Sad when YOU have updated your blog more recently than I have ....

Unknown said...

Jill!!! we miss you guys!!! could you come back already?! i'm jealous you get to be home for this long...glad your having fun and rejuvinating your life though- I need that!! but seriously. come back, girl!! cuzins fo life!! =)

Tiffany said...

Glad you get to be there with some family:) Have a great summer there and hope you come back to leave here in the intense heat with the rest of us-lol!!! love ya:)

Twyla said...

I am so glad that you are having so much fun! i just can't believe that we only got together once this whole time. Next year we need to be alot better at getting together! Have a great couple of days and I will chat with you later!