Friday, January 18, 2008

Yesvember it is!

Ava is such a crack-up. Everyday it astounds me what she knows and is learning. Okay, so today, we were in Sam's club shopping, we passed the "birthday cake section" and Ava screamed..."It's my birfday, I want a birfdaycake!" With all the recent talk of birthdays, (mine on Jan. 5th, Scott and Harrison's on the 7th) birthdays are on the tip of her brain...obviously. So I say to her, "Ava, your birthday is in November, can you say November?" she copies me and we practiced a couple of times. A few minutes later she looks up and says, "Not NOvember, YESvember!" I had to have her repeat what she said because I couldn't believe she made that connection. I tried to explain to her that November was the "name" of that month and gave her examples of the other months, but she would have nothing to do with it. So thus, Ava's birthday from here on out is...YESvember 24th! She kills me!

11 comments:

Cory and Cheri said...

a little glimpse of the mind of Ava!!! very clever, i think you should be prepared for many of those conversations with her!

Kari said...

Too smart for her own good, I must say!! You'd better keep an eye on her ;)

Chris and Angie Carn said...

Jill...This is your old Pal Chris Carn...I just got my first post done and wanted to stop by and say hello. Stop by http://chrisandangiecarn.blogspot.com/

Laura said...

That is too funny! Looks like she is turning into a little you!!

Kari said...

Seriously?! I can't believe you will be Up & Running in no time!!!! Is Phyllis going to take it, too? It makes me giddy just thinking about it!!!!!

Tori said...

YEAH!!! I am so happy to hear you are coming to the "dark side" and learning digiscrapping! So excited!

And Ava-too cute for words!

Brandy said...

What a crack up! She is always thinking. Don't you love conversation like these.

rjlee75 said...

Yo Jill...it's your old roommate Rachel. I love reading what's up with you and the whole Smith fam. What fun little characters you've got running around your home!

Denise said...

So hilariuos! Ava.. what a doll! You will laugh about that for the rest of your life!!!

Cory and Cheri said...

I tagged you...but only if you have time...go to my blog

TNS MOM said...

LOL Too Cute!