Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Love is in the air:)



Sorry I've been such a neglectful blogger lately! Phyllis (my mom) has been here for 2 wonderful weeks and is leaving tomorrow (boohoo!) We've had so much fun and she has helped me TREMENDOUSLY! I have not even touched the laundry once! I love you mom!


Here are the kids before church this past Sunday somewhat festive. And then, in the other picture, Harry and Ava are holding a little treat we made for our neighbors, Harry's teacher, and my visiting teachers. They were fun to make (cookie and chocolate flowers) but the projects are always so fun to imagine and start, but somehow by the end, the kids are covered in sugar and instead of feeling the "Valentine's spirit" if you will, I'm yelling at them as they're running out the door to deliver them with my blood pressure and anxiety through the roof. I pray that I'm accomplishing my deep desire for them to have these fun little traditions to hold as childhood memories. But I fear they'll only remember me screaming, "Get your grubby little fingers out of that!" and "I cannot believe you just dropped all the sugar on the floor!" May the good Lord grant some amnesia for those moments and only let them remember the happy moments during the journey, and ofcourse the happiness delivering the finished product.


Remember that we love you all so very very much. Happy Valentine's Day!!

MOOAH! XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

11 comments:

Denise said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Cute pics!
Luv Ya! Denise

Kari said...

So cute!! Loving the delivery of the goodies ... FUN! I'm sure they'll remember that part of it :)

Cory and Cheri said...

adorable...both kids and treat! I'm sure your kids have already forgotten the "bad" moments and you'll know for sure next year when they ask to do it again!!!

Brandy said...

Jill, You are the best! But, I am so missing you so I was horrible and tagged you on my blog! Check me out for info! I can't wait to hear from you! Let's get some of the girls together and have breakfast!

Brandy said...

Jill, You are the best! But, I am so missing you so I was horrible and tagged you on my blog! Check me out for info! I can't wait to hear from you! Let's get some of the girls together and have breakfast!

Jenny Roberts said...

those valentine's treats look adorable. I know what you mean about the stress level when every you try to tackle a "fun" project.

Amie said...

Ah Jill! The Lord knew what he was doing when he told us to become as little children...they only seem to remember the good parts. For that I know I am eternally grateful! They'll want to do it again next year, I'm sure of it! You're such a fun mommy!

Kari said...

Where is your fist digi page?! Class started yesterday!!!

Ashley Harris said...

Okay girlie! So I found your blog through the Andy and Amie's blog. Sorry I missed talking to you Saturday night. Hope all is well with you. How sad is it that I didn't even know you had a third child! Have a good day!

~Ash

Kari said...

How's your mom? Don't you have baby shower pics to post?!

Meghan said...

Hey Jill I think it is time to change your blog! You are worst than me!