Friday, April 10, 2009

Operation SHOCK & BLOG!!!!!!!

I'm so positive no one will ever read this simply because my track record for keeping updated is so obviously HORRIBLE! But a new day has come...and I'M ALIVE (as we can celebrate by listening to the beautiful Celine)

Truly. For those of you who don't know, our little family made a little move only 10 minutes away from our old house. One would think that shouldn't be that traumatic seeing as I still shop at the same stores, I'm still close to friends etc. etc. etc. But it wasn't as smooth a transition as I had hoped. Okay, I knew I wasn't a real champ with change, but I think I surprised myself and my family with how nutty I've been the last 8 months. Don't picture me sitting in a corner in the fetal position or anything...but I did have a little battle with mental sanity for a while and I really feel as though I've turned a corner. I've been feeling 'normal' (don't laugh, okay as normal as possible) for about 2 months now...a big accomplishment wouldn't you say? I really think it had alot to do with this house not feeling like our home yet. And that does take time! You need to experience a few birthdays, the Christmas season, having friends over, basically breaking in the new house to make it feel like it really is your HOME.

Okay enough! I just thought I'd post my reason for being gone so bloody long. But actually, one of the biggest reasons for my minimal computer use is HUGE! Our computer is now upstairs, still in an open area -so as to keep from losing any family members to the dark side of adult web sites if you get my drift;) But our computer is no longer in the kitchen. So when I get the kids down, I immediatly go downstairs to pick up from the day etc. but the computer is no longer in a place that beckons me to it. Therefore out of sight out of mind. I'm horrible with email too but my drive to keep a journal for my children is putting me back in the game.

I am keenly aware that this will be a 'test' period as I'm sure no one believes that I'll be consistant, but I'll just have to prove myself. And just you wait...I will!

Okay, now I have to buckle down and do my talk for Easter Sunday on the resurrection....HOLY COW I feel like Spongebob on that episode where he was asked to write a paper for driving school and he just would sit there pencil in hand and think of every single distraction on the planet to procrastinate. Interesting.....I'm so disappointed in myself now. But hey, this was a necessary distraction do you not agree? Once Scott can figure out how in the heck we can get my pictures to download on our computer you'll get to see how the kids have all grown 10 ft. YOU'LL DIE!

And lastly, the exciting thing about me starting to blog again is that I'll start back into catching up with you...my dear friends and family and I'll finally be able to tell my sister, YES I did check out her latest and greatest post about Parker and that yes, he is the most perfect, adorable, and highly intelligent child on the face of this earthly green planet. I love that kid!

HAPPY EASTER TO ALL! Oh, (sorry- self-diagnosed ADD kicking in...) dont' you think it is so appropriate that I have to speak about the resurrection and then relating that directly to my blog..............HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!

14 comments:

Tiffany said...

Glad to have you back in the blogging world, girl!!! Glad you're doing better:) love ya

Suzy Hicks said...

Okay, I don't know which paragraph to award 'funniest', they were all great, seriously Nate had to ask me why I was laughing so much. I do, however, know which one to award 'most truthful'.....probably the one about Parker, could you have guessed I'd choose that one? I am SO proud of you doing a new post, it's almost like you've earned your YW medallion all over again, that's how proud I am of you! XOXOX.

Suzy Hicks said...

P.S. you have a lot to live up to with all those promises to post more often!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
N Godown said...

Love you girl!! Welcome back. We miss you tons.

Denise said...

Glad to hear form you! We miss you in our ward! Lets go get pedi's soon, k! Hope you stick to your promises to update your blog...I was afriad we would totally lose touch with you!

Kari said...

If you and Denise need company for your pedis just let me know ;) Glad to have you back ... for now!! Couldn't help myself *LOL* You know I love you :)

Jenny Roberts said...

You are so hilarious! I would never dump you as a blogging buddy. See you at preschool.

Meghan said...

Ummm Jill is that really you??? I can't believe you are actually blogging again, I forgot you you even had one!!! I am just praying this won't be the first of not so many posts! :)

PS It was good to see you, you need to come around more often!

Allyson said...

Hey, at least you got Christmas cards out with a nice long letter which is more than I can say for about the last 5 years!

Anonymous said...

Look how many people have already checked out your blog. No one is willing to give up on you. So don't let us down again!!! I'll call you soon, sorry, things have been crazy around here.

Laura said...

Welcome back!! I've missed you! Talked to Dana the other day on facebook- told him your blog address- I am sure he will contact you!

TJ Eich said...

YAH-HOO!!! Welcom back Jill-y Bean!

Alena said...

Jill oh my gosh you got on the computer ok well i am so sorry i kept forgetting that i told you i would call and come over and then i would remember while i was doing something and i would say oh i'll call after this..... yeah defiantly not i'm sorry i need to see you before i leave that is a must!!!! its been years honestly haha will you be home Thursday night?? give me a call!