Monday, April 27, 2009

PREGO AGAINO?????


Can we say....a tid bit surprised? What do they call these again....oh ya BLESSINGS! So it was Thursday April 23, around 12:30p.m., I was sitting down with the calendar setting a dentist appointment for Harrison when it dawned on me that I should have started my cycle by now. Luckily because of mass paranoia I had an extra test from a multi pack I bought a few months ago from another 'questionable' month. (I know at this point you're all thinking...sex ed. 101 people so to ease your curiosity, yes we do use birth control;) I layed Regan down for a nap and casually took the test. As all positive tests go, I start seeing a light pink second line appear. In complete and utter shock, I place the test on the bathroom floor, run to the phone and call Scott. In a calm voice, I ask him where he is. As tender as mercies get, he was available to meet me at a middle location for 'lunch'. He asked why the urgency, and I just told him I had to talk to him in person. I woke Regan from peacful slumber, loaded her dishovled body as well as Ava's into the car. I speed down the freeway to the mall to find Scott waiting on the curb in a state of panic thinking something was severely wrong. He crawls in the car with me to find a parking spot and begs for the reason I came. With a car at a complete stop I say....I'm pregnant! He said WHAT?!?!?! How did this happen? Then he put his head back on the headrest and smiled, then he said, okay, I thought something major was wrong. So glad its this. YOU'RE PREGNANT? That sums up the feelings we've had over the last few days. We really thought we were done because my doctor told me my uterus was so thin I really shouldn't have any more but that I had a 95% chance that everything would be fine if I did choose to have another one. I figure 95% is a dang good grade in school right? Here's to hoping we're not the5%! Barring any misfortune....welcome Smith baby #4! (Harrison said he'll be 'ticked' if it's another girl!) Oh yes, and if my calculations are correct...this baby is due Christmas day! The kids call it the Christmas baby. Ava is always bringing me stuff and saying, can we get this for the Christmas baby? Adorable!

11 comments:

*Hansen's* said...

CONGRADULATIONS!! I'm so excited for you.

I need ur address so I can mail you and ur family an invitations to my wedding in May... SCBaize@hotmail.com :)

Anonymous said...

JIll! Congrats girl! We have been trying, but no luck 5 mo into it!
Wow! I wish you the best and this baby must be a child needing to come down to you!

Smith Family said...

Congrats Smith family!! Take care and enjoy. You do have beautiful kids, why stop at 3? :-)

taylortots said...

Love Jill Smith, Love Jill Smith!! What a blessing your children have, being sent to such a wonderful home. We really enjoyed Friday! What love we have, what blessings!! Congrats moma mia!! Love Lots

Taylor Zoo!!

Anonymous said...

Scott told me sunday and I hope he can forgive me for my uncontrolled excitement. I practically knocked him over with a big hug when I found out. I am just thrilled for you guys!!!

Meghan said...

That is such great news! I am truly happy for the both of you. Congrats! :)

Laura said...

HOW EXCITING!!!!!!! CONGRATS to the Smith family! Love ya!!!

Jenny Roberts said...

Hooray and congrats! Can't wait for the Christmas baby to arrive.

rjlee75 said...

Yo Jill! Yay!!! Call me sometime (612-619-5342)...your blog is safe to leave my number, right?! If you see my picture on the side of milk carton, it's probably from publishing my number on the web (and I wonder why my mother worries). Ugh. Congratulations and word to your mother!

Kirsten said...

Congrats Jill! Good luck and what fun to have a Christmas baby! Can't think of a better time to be delivering :)!

Christel Chow said...

I am so glad you're having another baby!! Congrats and you are in my thoughts every day for a healthy and happy pregnancy:)