Saturday, December 4, 2010

Ava's 6! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!


A little toad she found while at our family cabin trip....ugh!

This is her clothes for the next day....are you dying????



I know this is so cliche but I really do rember holding her tiny newborn body in my arms like it was 5 minutes ago! She has honestly been such a pleasure to parent (thus far;) I am sickened that time is flying so incredibly fast. Her birthday was November 24, so I'm a little behind but here are 6 reasons I love AVA:
1) Her personality and zest for life bursts at the seams. She literally squeals with delight at ordinary everyday events. You should hear how she greets Walker in the mornings;)
2) She is totally service oriented. She wants to make everyone around her feel happy. Especially babies...it still amazes me how much she dotes on Walker, I call her my nanny.

3) She will draw endless pictures and notes for any and everyone with one main theme...rainbows and hearts and the signature 'i love you' written with a heart then her name.

4) I call her 'Fern' as in Fern from 'Charlotte's Web' because she loves animals so much she belongs on a farm! Nothing grosses her out...NOTHING!

5) She dresses herself and does her own hair (except Sundays I draw the line!) She now has started dressing Regan...heaven help us all! But her style makes me shake my head and smile.

6) She has a sincere desire to choose the right. I hope that lasts for the rest of her life:)

I love you Ava more than you will ever ever know! Happy Birthday:)

Love,

MOM

5 comments:

*Lindsey* said...

WOW! 6!....Here I'm thinking 6 sounds sooo old and then I thought whoa!, Cody is going to be 6 in 6 months. I'm completely with you on the time flying by thing.
Ava is such a doll by the way :)

Eden Lang said...

she is such a fun girl! she cracks me up! I love her great little style she has. and how she is so confident with babies. I couldn't help but laugh when she was walking around with Ysa! So happy you guys are visiting this month!

Alena said...

she is not allowed to be 6!!!! i cant believe it i swear she was a just so little when i babysat her.... this means i'm getting older... time is flying!!!

Denise said...

Happy Birthday Ava! We miss you guys. Hope you are having fun in Canada.

Suzy Hicks said...

Love does not begin to describe how I feel about this child......it's more like obsession. She is the most adorable, one-of-a-kind kid. Where would we all be without her and her fun, spunky and sometimes pushy personality? Love you Aves!
p.s. it looks like she took a page from my book with the way she looks in the last picture:)