Wednesday, October 31, 2007

TRICK OR TREAT!

What a fun Halloween we had this year. As per usual, it seemed to last for the entire month of October. I swear with all the school, church, and friend parties, I really wonder if my kids really understand that Halloween happens on October 31st...lucky little devils:) Anyhoo...I have had this Halloween's costumes planned since before I knew Regan was a girl...I was going to do a BYU theme for the kids. Once I found out I was having a girl, I went and bought two cheerleading outfits, pom-poms, and a BYU jersey for Harry. As the big day started approaching I began talking with the kids about how fun their costumes will be. Both Harry and Ava inform me that no, that is SO not what they want to do. Ava wanted under no uncertain terms to be a "Pwintheth" (princess) and Harry HAD to be Optimus Prime. After I bawled a river (can you imagine, I'm kidding) I gave in because they are only kids once with big dreams of what they want to be for Halloween. I guess they can wear the BYU garb on game days. Although I did get the girls to wear their uniforms to the church party where the costumes could really be appreciated, but I couldn't talk Harry out of being Optimus. I'm so grateful Suzy, my sister could come from Chandler. We miss her and Nate so much! What an amazing aunt! I love her. We had a great time with our neighbors. They brought out a portable fire pit we roasted marshmellows etc., along with other food before and after everyone trick-or-treated. We got to go out with our good friends the Turners again this year as well. We feel very blessed to be surrounded with such wonderful friends, neighbors, and family. Hope you all had a great Halloween...until next year!


3 comments:

Tori said...

Yeah, I know the feeling Jill. My kids shot down my ideas for their costumes too! Oh well. Too cute!

Cory and Cheri said...

k jill all this crap that you can't do the blog thing!!!! Even posting the night of, I'm impressed! I have to say...I liked your vision better, totally adorable. but I too had to "give in" on the costumes! last year too. i let Brady be a power ranger for his school and for the ward i did the knight and dragon...it was way cuter too. Thanks for letting us come over...it was fun.

Laura said...

They look so cute! LOVE the BYU gear!!