Thursday, May 8, 2008

A new family member for the Smiths






"ROCKY LOVEY SMITH" is the newest member of our family. I hope to sound excited but frankly, my blood pressure is sky high. We brought him home yesterday around 3pm and in less than 24 hrs. I literally cannot count the number of times I have made references to death...whether it be about Rocky or my sweet children. Harrison chose the name and at first Ava was fine with it, but then when given enough time to think about it decided that it should be named "Lovey". So this little hamster has a full name now and everyone is happy. I was so scared because the pet store people kept telling me how much they bite, but my friend Tina (who inspired me to get one for my children...who swears it is so much easier than a dog) said they don't that much. This little rodent (ew!) has not bitten the children once! He is so friendly. And that is a bloody miracle after watching Ava man-handle the poor little guy. They want to sleep with him and play with him every living second. Taking turns is so painful. Wish me luck that we don't lose, or kill him in the first week. What was I thinking??????????????????

4 comments:

Smith Family said...

Hey Jill!!! Just popping in to say hi to you. I love your blog. You are brave to get a rodent. EWWW! But, it's fun to see the kids love on them which somehow makes it all worth while.

Jenny Roberts said...

Congrats on the new addition.

Jenny Roberts said...

Congrats on the new addition.

Meghan said...

Wow you are a brave soul! The good news is that if something happens to him, (by the hands of your children)tke kids probably won't notice if you replace him..... Good luck!