Monday, May 12, 2008

That was short lived!


I'm not a quitter I swear! So we brought Rocky home and it was great...at first. Come to find out I am allergic to rodents...who knew? I get to feeling the same way I do around cats...when I breathe it feels weird and I cough. But anyways....main reason to let go of Rocky was that he brought out some friends to our home that I wasn't aware of MICE! I will not be offended if you never visit my home ever again!!!!!! I honestly think it was the hamster food. To make a long story short, my good, dear, wonderful, friend Tina who talked me into this insane idea in the first place, is temporarily babysitting him for us until we get the mice thing dealt with. I had the pest control guy come today to place traps EVERYWHERE. But he said he couldn't find any signs of life (droppings etc.) around so maybe they were short term visitors. Since we took Rocky to Tinas..no sight of his buddies anywhere. But the rodent man will be coming every 2 days to check the traps. We have 2 open lots and a couple empty foreclosed houses around us which he said they could be coming from. I guess my neighbors have seen some too! SICK! Scott thinks I'm insane to publish this. But I am not proud, this is my life and a big part of it right now thank you very much!!! Wish us luck! ARE YOU DYING????? I'll keep you all posted. (no pun inteded)

12 comments:

Smith Family said...

Ahhh haa haa! We'll not be visiting your home any time soon. hee hee! That's weird that the rodents came out to visit. It's good you figured out your allergies early on in the game before kids were too attached. Good luck with the pest problem, hope it goes away quickly. And, if I were there..I would come visit, you were the best Visiting teacher! sniff sniff

Kari said...

Hilarious story ... Steve is "allergic" to cats, too, because he can't stand them - he figures it's the easiest way to get the kids to understand why we will never have one :) Good luck with the mice!!!

Cameron Family said...

We had a "rodent" for almost 2 years. We couldn't take him out of his cage because he bit us insanely. So what was he good for you ask? Pet day at school, Rian was sooo excited to take him! But what does he do? He drops dead the night before he was supposed to make his special visit! I'd been praying for the little monster to die for a year and he decides to do it the night before we actually needed him for something! Go figure!

THE BANGARTS said...

I would pat you on the back and take you out to lunch for getting rid of that rodent. I mean....too bad about your mice problem Jill!! :) I completely disagree with Tina (sorry Tina), but dogs are so much better!!!

TJ Eich said...

Jill, YOU CRACK ME UP!! I love how honest you are and you're freakin' hilarious!

*Lindsey* said...

Here is my blog Jill
tiemanfamily.blogspot.com

I showed my sister your brother :)

Jenny Roberts said...

I saw Rocky the other day. Sammy was holding him. I was quite impressed with how clam the hamsters were with three kids manhandling them. Hopefully the mice were just checking out the newest rodent on the block. Now that Rocky's gone, the mice are gone.

Suzy Hicks said...

Jill...I love that you broadcast to the world that you have rodents sneaking around your home. I am so proud to be your sister!

Eden Lang said...

Jill, you poor thing! but you know, you get points for even trying. I am NOT a pet person. we had a gold fish and honestly I couldn't wait to flush it! Only problem was the stupid thing wouldn't die. Well. I mean. It's dead now. Haleluya! Oh and I guess a rat took a chunk out of marks finger in Vancouver! Ya, I know. SICK!!!! anyways. I need to see more pics of you and your family! we miss you. hope to see you in calgary this summer,

love ya

eden

Jenny Roberts said...

Jill you need to update your blog. I am ready for another funny post.

Brandy said...

Jill, can I just tell you that you make motherhood seem so fun! I love your post. I know that I can relate to everyone of them from some point and I don't feel like "am I the only one?" Miss ya we need to catch up! Love ya girly!
Brandy

Sarah said...

Hey Jill, this is the Sarah that just moved in to the ward. BTW, we're having a girls night at my house THIS Saturday at 6:30. Spread the word!